As a passionate, results driven Personal Stylist and Certified Image Consultant, trained by celebrity stylist Stacy London, I’m committed to solving your style and wardrobe challenges.
My straightforward approach is easy to understand and learn which gets you results FAST.
My enthusiasm and passion for style, mixed with my sense of play and humour, let you experience your style ‘ah ah’ moments in a down to earth, relaxed, fun-filled atmosphere whether it’s just the two of us or in a group.
Previously employed by IBM as a trainer and speaker, I have the skills and experience to offer dynamic style and wardrobe workshops and speak at events.
A little bit about my passion for style …
I remember “needing” to wear dresses and white Mary Jane shoes and socks to play in the sandbox.
Morning battles with my Mom at the age of 7 were common before school because I refused to wear snow pants that didn’t coordinate with my winter coat. Even at that early age, I was willing to sacrifice comfort for style – not that you should, of course.
Money was sparse growing up but lucky for me, my Mom taught me how to sew doll clothes. That led to sewing my own clothes. For 10 years, my creativity knew no boundaries as I experimented with fabrics, prints, colour and design.
I’ve had many mistakes hanging in my closet in my lifetime so I totally get how frustrating it is to put on an outfit only to immediately take it off because it “feels” wrong.
Until I learned the art and science of style, I struggled with the very same style and wardrobe problems you struggle with.
I work with women who have a strong desire to look stylish and feel confident about the way they look; clients include:
- lawyers, real estate agents, IT managers, military personnel, health care professionals and entrepreneurs
- students entering the workforce
- stay-at-home mom’s leaving the home to work outside the home
- women transitioning from one decade to another
- divorced women who want to date again
- women whose bodies have changed due to age, medical reasons, post-pregnancy, menopause and weight
- women ranging from those who want to improve their style just a little bit to women who want a complete makeover
All of these women have one thing in common; they’re eager to improve their style to some degree so they can look and feel stylishly confident.
The value of hiring a personal style consultant:
- Save Money – You’ll buy only the clothes you will actually wear and wear often because you love them in every way.
- Save Time – You won’t have to weed through piles of clothes to find an outfit.
- Eliminate Frustration – Owning a functional wardrobe reduces anxiety and frustration about what to wear no matter what the occasion. Put stylish outfits together in a blink of the eye!
Each of my personal style, wardrobe and shopping consultations are 100% customized to meet your individual needs.
WHAT I DO
The Role of an Image Consultant
Image consultants help you develop personally and professionally by offering services that deal with your Appearance, Behaviour, and Communication.
In short, an image consultant’s ultimate goal is to help you be the best version of yourself.
Since the ABC’s of Image Consulting (Appearance, Behaviour and Communication) cover a wide spectrum of knowledge and skills, image consultants usually focus on one discipline and specialize in one or two aspects of that discipline.
My Role as an Image Consultant
My focus is APPEARANCE. I also refer to myself as a Personal Stylist (which some people call a fashion stylist or fashion consultant).
I specialize in helping women look stylishly put-together to:
- Project a specific image, e.g., professional, confident, stylish, etc.
- Embrace her unique personal style; I believe that without knowing exactly what your personal style is, in your mind you’ll never truly feel and look put-together.
- Choose the right styles according to body shape, size and proportions.
- Easily coordinate and mix and match prints and colours.
Whether you want to look slimmer, taller, younger, modern, elegant, professional or all of the above and more, my job is to help you achieve your style goals.
A note about Fashion Stylists vs. Personal Stylists
Fashion is an industry. It’s about creating and producing “must have” fashion trends and showing them on runways and magazines around the world.
Fashion is about consumption. Needing to wear the latest fashion trends is for fashionistas and fashion icons. Kim Kardashian is a perfect example.
Style is how a woman looks, behaves and communicates. Her unique style defines her. Audrey Hepburn and Jackie-O are two of the ultimate icons of style.
In terms of appearance, style is what you do with your clothes and accessories. A stylish woman can take her little black dress from 10 years ago and make it look modern with the “it” shoe of the season. Or she can make her LBD look classic with pearls and a pair of basic black pumps.
Even wearing jeans and a tee-shirt, she still owns her style.
You don’t need the latest fashions to be stylish.
HOW I DO IT
Each of my personal style, wardrobe and shopping consultations are 100% customized to meet your individual needs. Before anything is booked, for no charge, I will discuss all of your needs, challenges and goals. You will then decide whether you want to work with me or not.
Depending upon your challenges and goals, we will work in your home with your clothes or in a store.
Sessions are 2 – 2 1/2 hours each but vary depending upon your individual image, style or wardrobe needs. I find that after 2 to 3 hours, it’s information overload. A second consultation is optional depending upon your needs.
50% is due at the time of booking; the balance is due as soon as the consultation ends.
I accept cash, cheques and interac e-transfer.
Gift certificates must be paid in full at the time of purchase and are non-refundable.
- Click on the CONTACT ME button to the right to send me your email address.
- I’ll reply to set up a time to talk.
- I’ll call you so you can tell me about your image, style and/or wardrobe challenges.
- I’ll listen, ask questions and clarify.
- Then I’ll explain how you can achieve your goals.
Services aren’t refundable, however, if you’re not happy with your consultation, neither am I. It’s as simple as that. I’ll work with you to determine what expectations weren’t met and then work with you to make sure you’re satisfied.
Contact me to set up your complementary consultation so you can discover the #1 thing holding you back from loving your style.
[contact_bank form_id=2 show_title=true show_desc=false]